Freitag, 8. Juli 2005

Songbook :: Superhuman Blues

There's a rustle of capes in the air
    I know it's coming from somewhere
All the agents & the superhuman crew
    Are staring down at me & you
I know some alien is reading my mind
    Above us X-ray-vision shines
Another Crisis is coming tonite
    Won't somebody please send me some Kryptonite?

Chorus:
The style of the world has changed so much
    In 4 colors & a nuclear touch
Where's Jack Kirby to same me
    From the 21st century?

Little man I said enough
    When the gloves are off, the going gets rough
What chance 'gainst superpowers
    Who move planets & topple towers?
Men of Bronze, Men of Steel
    To distant to know how to feel
I can see them sitting & brood
    In their Fortresses of Solitude
Chorus

If you can't get no satisfaction
    Leave your girl for some easier action
Just pick up a costume & learn how to fight
    A loser by day can be a heroe at night
Nobody cares for a pimplefaced boy
    So pump yourself up with an alien toy
And if you get dissed by your neighborhood god
    Just blast him with your Mega-Rod
Chorus

On brightest day, in darkest night
    No evil shall escape my sight
The war against sleep will never stop
    As long as they don't close my comic shop
Worlds will live & worlds will die
    It's as American as apple pie
If you miss it this time on the rack
    Grab it when it's collected in paperback!
Chorus

Keine Kommentare: