Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005

Eine andere Art von Zoo

Gregory Corso
A DIFFERENCE OF ZOOS

I went to the Hotel Broog;
and it was there I imagined myself singing Ave Maria
to a bunch of hoary ligneous Brownies.
I believe in gnomes, in midges;
I believe to convert the bogeyman,
take Medusa to Kenneth's;
beg Zeus Polyphemus a new eye;
and I thanked all the men who ever lived,
thanked life the world
for the chimera, the gargoyle,
the sphinx, the griffin,
Rumpelstiltskin --
I sang Ave Maria
for the Heap, for Groot,
for the mugwump, for Thoth,
the centaur, Pan;
I summoned them all to my room in the Broog,
the werewolf, the vampire, Frankenstein
every monster imaginable
and sang and sang Ave Maria --
The room got to be unbearable!
I went to the zoo
and oh thank God the simple elephant.


-------------------
Während ich nichts näheres über den Autor dieser Zeilen vorzuweisen habe, ausser dass er ein Beatnik gewesen sein soll, Teil der literarischen Generation, die in Europa nie viel bedeutung gefunden hat, gefällt doch die uneingeschränkte Umarmung jeder Art von mythischem Denken. Neben der klassischen Mythologie werden sogar mit The Heap und Groot zwei alte Comicmonster geehrt. Hurra!

Keine Kommentare: