Montag, 8. Januar 2007

Kirby :: Spiritueller Symbolismus

Science and Religion.com: Ein sehr interessanter, wenn auch kurzer Artikel zum Thema "Spiritueller Symbolismus in den Werken von Jack Kirby". Anscheinend bin ich mit meinen Theorien zur 4 Color Magick doch nicht so bekloppt, wie es aussieht.

Jack Kirby, ackowledged as the most prolific and dynamic comic artist of all time, was asked how he managed to come up with the idea of some of his more unusual characters.

"I realised I had to find with something new..I couldn't depend on gangsters forever. And so for some reason I went to the Bible, and I came up with Galactus. And there I was, in front of this tremendous figure, who I knew very well, because I always felt him in my life, and I knew I certainly couldn't treat him the same way I would have treated any ordinary mortal character.

"And I remember in my first story I had to back away from him, in order to resolve that story... of course the Silver Surfer is the fallen angel: when Galactus relegated him to Earth, he stayed on Earth, and that was the beginning of his adventure.

Lesen Sie hier weiter...

Keine Kommentare: